- Published: Saturday, 01 October 2011 10:06
- Hits: 884
Why are we asking you to read this first?
Warning! These Are Not Toys!
Getting in RC flight requires the purchase of an aircraft model, motive power, fuel and/or batteries depending on whether you going to us electric or glow power. A receiver and transmitter and other small essential accessories, glow plug driver, fuel pump.
Some models come ready to fly (PNF or RTF) but still require some assembly. Read the article "Getting into RC" on this website will help you decide.
Making The Decision
- You are going to have to lay out some hard earned cash to get started as in all hobbys and pursuits.
- If you are a beginner, a commitment to attend for regular, consecutive training.
- Turning up randomly is not acceptable and makes your training period long and drawn out.
- Fellow club members will assist you to help yourself acquire the skills of piloting and maintaining a remote controlled aircraft.
- To fly in a responsible and safe manner at all times.
- Do you have good eyesight - RC flying relies on visual orientation.
It is recommended that you request a trial flight session initially using our dual control training aircraft so we can determine your ability and the time period to learn the basic skills to fly your model solo at our flying field or our exclusive sites.