- Wimborne Model Aero Club Constitution
1. The name of the Club shall be the ‘Wimborne Model Aero Club’. It will be affiliated to the British Model Flying Association (BMFA).
2. The object of the Club is to provide facilities for and promote participation of the whole community in the sport of aero model flying.
3. Membership of the Club shall be open to all persons irrespective of ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs; or of age, sex or disability except as a necessary consequence of the requirements of aero model flying as a particular sport.
4. All Club members must observe and comply with Club rules.
5. The activities of the Club shall be controlled by a Committee, elected annually by a ballot at the Annual General Meeting.
6. The duties of the Committee shall be to devise methods of achieving the objects of the Club, to exercise a general oversight of its activities and to assist in the development and extension of these activities.
7. The Committee shall consist of eleven posts as follows.
- · Chairman
- · Secretary/Welfare Officer
- · Treasurer
- · Membership Secretary
- · Safety Officer
- · Field Manager
- · Training Administrator
- · Social Secretary
- · Magazine Editor
- · Competition Co-ordinator
- · Public Relations Officer
One of the above to be elected by the Committee as Vice Chairman, to deputise for the Chairman in his or her absence. The Club may also elect a member to the honorary post of President. (The roles of officers are as defined in Appendix 2).
8. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt as additional members such persons as, in their opinion, are able to render a special service.
9. Nominations for election to the Committee must be submitted in writing and countersigned by the person nominated, not less than seven days before the AGM.
10. The Committee shall meet at least six times in every year.
11. The Committee shall have the power, from time to time, to make, alter and rescind rules for the internal management of the Club,
and may delegate any of their powers to a sub-committee consisting of such members of the Club as they think fit. Any subcommittee
so formed shall, in the exercise of their powers, conform to any regulations that may be imposed on it by the Committee.
12. At meetings of the Committee six members of the Committee are required to constitute a quorum. In the event of a tie the Chairman has the casting vote.
13. In the event of a Committee member resigning the remaining Committee members will attempt to co-opt a replacement member.
14. Any matter not dealt with in the Club rules shall be dealt with by the Committee who will be responsible only to a general meeting of the Club.
15. Unless civil or statutory law provide otherwise the Committee will accept NO responsibility or liability for accident and Third Party claims resulting from the use of the flying site(s) or from the flying of model aircraft. Individuals will be responsible solely in these events and are required to be covered by BMFA third party insurance as stated in the Club rules.
16. The Committee shall cause to keep accounts of all monies belonging to the Club and such accounts shall be audited and presented annually to the Club. All monies to be held at a Committee-approved financial Institution, in the Club’s name. The Committee shall deposit said monies to the Club’s best advantage. Withdrawals and payments will only be made by the duly appointed Secretary, Treasurer or Chairman. Two signatures will be required.
17. The Committee may refuse membership or expel from membership only for good and sufficient cause, such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club or sport into disrepute. Appeal against such a decision may be made to the Club’s members and decided by a majority vote.
18. The income and property of the Club shall be applied solely towards promoting the Club’s objects as set forth in this Constitution and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly, to the members of the Club.
19. Club nights will normally be held at the Holt Parish Hall on the second Friday of each month at 8.00pm, however, some meetings during the summer months may be held at one of the flying sites. No meeting will take place on the second Friday of the month if it should fall on a Bank Holiday.
20. Club memberships shall be from the 1st January to 31st December. Reductions in subscriptions are given for new or existing members who join mid-year as follows:
From 1st June – 25% reduction From 1st September 50% reduction
New members who join after the AGM in December shall pay the forthcoming annual subscription, therefore obtaining a thirteen month membership of WMAC. However, a further fee must be paid to the BMFA in order to obtain insurance cover for this thirteen month period.
21. Membership renewals must be paid by the end of February. Any member who has not paid their fees by this date shall cease to be members of the Club, unless notification of special circumstances has been given to the Committee, in writing, beforehand.
Notwithstanding the above no member will be allowed to fly after the 31st of December unless they have paid the following year’s subscription to the BMFA either directly or via the Club.
22. Subject, where necessary, to the requirements of data protection legislation there will be a Club register showing members names, addresses, membership numbers and subscriptions which will be held by the Membership Secretary, and a general account book (hard copy/electronic) which will be held by the Treasurer.
23. The Annual General Meeting will be held on the second Friday in December each year, notwithstanding exceptional circumstances.
Not less than fourteen days Notice of the meeting shall be given in writing. Any member wishing to submit a proposal for discussion must do so at least twenty-eight days prior to the AGM to allow for the creation of the Agenda, collation of submitted proposals and reports and the associated printing, postage etc. Only those proposals printed in the Notice of the AGM or amendments arising directly from them and properly tabled at the meeting will be eligible to be voted on.
24. A general meeting may be convened at any time by the Committee and shall be convened by them on receipt of a requisition signed by twelve Club members.
25. In the event of a Club competition being held at any of the Club's flying sites, the Committee has the authority to close the site to non-competitors for the duration of the competition, providing that at least one months notice has been given either at a monthly Club meeting or in the Club Newsletter.
26. This Constitution shall only be altered by a resolution passed at a General Meeting by a two thirds majority of those members attending that meeting. Notice of all proposed resolutions must be given in writing to the Club Secretary not less than 28 days before the General Meeting.
27. In the event, for whatever reason, of the Wimborne Model Aero Club being wound up, any residual funds, after all debts have been discharged and all assets realised, will be donated to the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund, whose address is 67 Portland Place, London, W1B 1AR
Roles of Officers
- · Chairs meetings of the Club and Committee
- · Oversees the work of the Committee
- · Has the casting vote at meetings of the Committee
- · Represents the Club at meetings of the BMFA or other appropriate organisations as required
- · Deputises for the Chairman in his or her absence
- · Deals with all general correspondence bringing it to the attention of the Committee/Club as required
- · Schedules meetings of the Committee and Club as required
- · Acts as Club Welfare Officer
- · Takes and publishes minutes of Committee and General Meetings of the Club
- · Receives all monies due to the Club
- · Keeps a correct account of the Club’s financial affairs
- · Presents a written Statement of Accounts to the AGM
- · Ensures that two signatures of elected officers are used to authorise cheques for payments in the name of the Club
- · Deals with all membership applications/renewals including BMFA membership where necessary
- · Keeps a register of all members showing their current status
- · Provides copies of the register to other members of the Committee as required
- · Keeps a general overview of all matters relating to safety at Club sites
- · Advises the Committee on matters relating to safety
- · Recommends any required/advisable rule changes to the Committee
- · Ensures the field at Cashmoor and the track leading to it are maintained to a suitable standard
- · Maintains the first aid kit located in the Club Hut
- · Operates the Club Training scheme
- · Ensures adequate maintenance of all Club training equipment
- · Organises club night social events
- · Organises social events on flying sites
- · Arranges club visits as required
- · Fund raising activities
- · Produces and distributes three editions of the Club Newsletter (Flying Matters) annually
- · Schedules competitions at Club sites as agreed by the Committee
- · Ensures that such competitions are conducted in an appropriate manner
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
- · Seeks to promote the Club and model flying in general
- · Ensures good relations are maintained with the owners of Club flying sites