Problems with my Plane - Riot Max Thrust

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #640 by
Morning

Last weekend the plane lost engine power after a few minutes in the air. The trainer took over and the plane landed with no damage. Thank you.

As the batteries were working, was told to investigate the electrical connections, electric motor and the speed controller.

Have now got the motor running again. But the motor is noisy, seems very clunky when rotating it by hand and does not work all the time.

Based on the above, can I assume that the motor is the problem or do I have to look for another problem?

Thank you for your support.

Alfie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #641 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Problems with my Plane - Riot Max Thrust
Alfie, looks like you followed my advice as per PM. If motor feels "clunky" to rotate I would suggest that a magnet has come loose. Other than stripping down the motor and checking security of all magnets and re-glueing where necessary I would suggest replacing motor.

Speaking to Kevin yesterday he said that the receiver was still being powered and connections appeared good.

Replacement can be found here www.centuryuk.com/Spares/Aeroplane-Spare...ss-Motor-%28850kv%29

Order early enough in mornings and get next day delivery!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #643 by
Ordered! Thanks.

More
10 years 5 months ago #645 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Problems with my Plane - Riot Max Thrust
Keep me posted. If the motor runs in the wrong direction after connecting up, just swap any two motor wires to ESC

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #676 by
Hi Phil

New motor. Same problem.

Thank you for notes on how to get the bits out. Now removed and sending back to Century to test and hopefully get replacements under warranty.

Speak soon.

:(

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #678 by
Hi Alfie

Sometimes you can have a motor which tries to turn in both directions very slowly and very jerky. This is usually caused by a dodgy solder joint in one of the 3 connection wires between ESC and motor. test these if you can and resolder your 3 bullets on ESC. It cant be the motor because it's new. Secondly, double check lipo voltage, could be too low for the ESC/motor to work properly or cell numbers to low. Thirdly, try resetting ESC by putting throttle in full position then switch ESC on, wait for beeps then throttle to fully down and wait for more confirmation beeps, switch off then on again.

Before you bought new motor I would have gone with Phil on a loose magnet.

Only other point I can think of is if you have fixed your motor with screws through the motor body at one end which are too long and have fouled the wire turns, I've had this before now.

Tom

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds