Sebart Wind S 50E

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #13775 by
Sebart Wind S 50E was created by
Some time ago I acquired an untouched kit for a Wind S 50E. The only downside is the instructions for assembly are missing!
I have searched around online and on Sebart site but cannot find a full set of assembly instructions. Any ideas as to how I can get hold of the instructions?
Many thanks
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13776 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Sebart Wind S 50E
There are some files on the Sebart website - photos - intro and a video
www.sebart.it/50E-class.html
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 7 months ago #13778 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic Sebart Wind S 50E
I'm pretty sure I've still got the instructions that came with mine.will let you have them if you would like them in hard copy.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #13779 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Wind S 50E
That would be great Simon. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13781 by
Simon, give some thought to the control linkages, especially on the elevator, I cut out a bigger slots so that I could uses to shortest hole on the servo arm, I think JRI made new taller horns for his control surfaces. if you go with the setup as instructed in the manual you will have enough control surface throw to 3D it! But if you have no intention of doing that then you effectively throw away a lot of the servo travel reducing the precision.

But I am basing this on my MythoS 50, but looking at the manual I think the Wind S and MythoS are essentially the same in this respect.

wimbornemac.org/forums/electric-power/88...sebart-mythos-throws

Oh and I spent ages faffing about with trying to get the rudder on a pull pull system, because I felt I could not get the CofG right with a servo in the tail, in the end I could balance it with a servo in the tail, which for me feels better. But different servos and batteries are different weights so play around and see what looks like it will work for you.

Another thing, if you're happy to spend a few pounds, try a Sullivan tail wheel bracket rather than the one provided, I think it reduces the pounding the rudder servo gets as the tail wheel bumps over the rough ground.

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Couldn't get the video to embed, so just left the link!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #13783 by
Many thanks for the advice Chris. Unfortunately I'm not a very competent builder so if it's ok with you I will seek clarification and "how to" from you once I start putting it together.
Cheers
Simon

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds