3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #1329 by Phil Ford
3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings was created by Phil Ford
I just need to verify I am going about this correctly. The wings have flaps and ailerons with their own respective servos. The flaps are 60 % of wing span and the ailerons 30%. I have allocated a channel to each servo. In normal flight the flaps are required to move in unison with ailerons. ie; flaps are slaved to ailerons. When the flap switch is used the flaps should become flaps and ignore the aileron signals. As the flaps are slaved is the latter comment correct?

This takes up four channels, so allowing for elevator, rudder and possibly later a motor that makes 7 channels used. Tx is JR DSX 9.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #1330 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic 3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings
Hi Phil - see DSX9 manual page 121 - programming a 6 channel sailplane. As a pre-requisite i suggest you activate / programme flight modes which will allow you to pre set different set ups for bungee / soaring / landing etc. If you haven't got the manual i can e mail it to you.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #1334 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic 3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings
Thanks for info Kevin. Just took a look at that section. Mind boggling! But will try and fathom out their guide. Appears on the surface as a bit complicated.

More
10 years 2 months ago #1336 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic 3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings
...It is complicated, Phil. Yes, you can do what you originally describe, but then you are not utilising the advantage of 4 servos in the wing. Persevere with the description in the manual and you'll end up with a much better setup.

Mike

More
10 years 2 months ago #1351 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic 3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings
Ditto Mikes comments.
I'm only a stones throw from Christchurch and could be free Sunday AM if you want me to work through the process with you. - Just let me know.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #1353 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic 3 Mtr Glider. Dual Control Wings
Thanks Kevin. Maybe another weekend assuming the two "backorder" slim wing servos turn up.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds