Sullivan Tail Wheel

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #8481 by
Sullivan Tail Wheel was created by
I've got a Sullivan tail wheel bracket for my Mythos 50E, the tail bracket comes with a soft and hard spring.

Does anyone have any experience with this tail bracket on this size of model and can suggest which spring to use.

Many thanks,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #8488 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Sullivan Tail Wheel
Go for the hard one, the soft (thin spring ones) tend to bend and stay that way. Thick one is good for models up to 30cc

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #8489 by
Replied by on topic Sullivan Tail Wheel
Thanks John, I'll do that. In the down time while waiting for the glue to dry on the Atlas, I've started putting the Mythos together, be forewarned, the servo cutouts are too small for the recommended servos, in the wings I had to lengthen then by about 3mm. And just had a fun hour trying to fit the servos in both halves of the elevator. But at least it's all hinged now and I don't have to suffer the CA fumes anymore.

On another note, what's the general consensus on using that braided sheathing for the servo leads, coming out of the Elevators and wings?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #8494 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sullivan Tail Wheel
Not wanting to hijack the thread... :)

Aha! Another member joins the Sebart Club. ;) I am new too Chris. Angel Evo S 50E
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #8496 by
Replied by on topic Sullivan Tail Wheel
Feel Free to hijack, John's given me the advice I needed.

What made you decided on the Angel S over the Wind S and Mytho S?

What motor and ESC are you planning on running in it?

More
8 years 1 month ago #8502 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sullivan Tail Wheel

Chris001 wrote: What made you decided on the Angel S over the Wind S and Mytho S?

What motor and ESC are you planning on running in it?

Angel S Evo? Because everyone else has one... :lol: Other than that maybe the price.

Running a SK3 5055 430Kv which is good for 5 to 8 cells, the latter giving 1750 watts possibly. I have plumped for 6 cells 5000maH which is showing (If I can remember correctly) 1350 watts on 16x8 and trying a 15x10, 1150 watts or thereabouts. Slightly heavier motor than the recomm Hacker A50-16 so the batt pack is all the way back on the tray.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds