Sebino Ultimate 160

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #3844 by kevinross
Sebino Ultimate 160 was created by kevinross
Ive been storing this kit just too long but making a start after 10yrs in storage. Don't except anything epic like Flying Pete's incredible Hurricane (perhaps i should have started with the onset of winter - not Spring) but here goes.
Power plant not decided. A DLE 35R is favourite but haven't ruled out some heavy duty electrics. The plan is to build the basic structure, then see how the power options will suit. Very few instructions available (probably not needed) but they are translated from italian the way an italian speaks . Hence the word opposite to vertical is spelt "Orizontal"
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3845 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Sebino Ultimate 160
Look forward to seeing it come together Kevin, I love Ultimates, best flying bipes bar none. Hoping to start the refurb on my Bob Godfrey one soon B)

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #3846 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Sebino Ultimate 160
Made a start on the tail feathers. Cut the slot for the fin using a small jig. Fabricating scale like hinges. They will have nylon tube inserted for bearing material with a removable hinge pin. This enables the painting / covering to be carried out on individual components. Yes John you will be welcome to fly it - will this be enough rudder ?
Attachments:

More
9 years 2 months ago #3857 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Sebino Ultimate 160
Nice choice Kevin with the ultimate,wish i still had mine but hopefully my hurricane will give me a new challenge.I built and flew the sebino extra many years back ,nice quality kit as i recall.Hope to see it up the field next week for the maiden :woohoo:

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #3862 by kevinross
Busy making a more scale like tailwheel assembly today - The Full size Ultimate has a tubular type ( see first photo) and the kit supplied unit was naff. Could have bought a scale unit from Carden Aircraft for about $80 so made my own . It uses glass rod as opposed to carbon which was too ridged.
Attachments:

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #3919 by kevinross
Working on the engine cowl today - Deviating from the normal external screws by making an internal securing ring. Nevertheless had to fix temporary screws through to bond the ring - Tip photo 1 shows that by dropping a powerful light inside, you can see where to drill. The next photos show using an 8mm rod through the thrust line to accurately locate the cowl
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds