Mk1a sea hurricane

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4808 by flyingpete
Mk1a sea hurricane was created by flyingpete
Hope to start this next month after the provost and will post up a picture of my chosen full size once I have decided.
Also I am going to go for a 85 cc motor this time, even though the dle 55 powered my last hurricane is was always near it's limits, also the bigger motor will help with the c of g and i can get rid of some of the lead.
On this hurricane i will move the elevator servo's out of the tailplane and mount them in the fuzz just forward of the fin and a hatch underneath,this will also aid the c of g.
With other mods to the airframe i'm hopping to reduce the weight as much as poss,and it will have a retractable arrestor hook as per the full size.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by flyingpete. Reason: text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4812 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Mk1a sea hurricane
Pete, So sorry to hear of your recent loss, I imagine it is worse when you have built it from scratch. But I see you have picked yourself up and going to build a similar model shortly.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4915 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Mk1a sea hurricane
with the provost nearing completion it's time to start getting some balsa, ply etc together. I'm going to wings and wheels next weekend to raid balsa cabin and falcon aviation for supplys for the next hurricane. I'm so glad my loving wife thinks it only cost's £25 to build a hurricane of this size :whistle:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by flyingpete. Reason: text

More
8 years 10 months ago #4916 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Mk1a sea hurricane

flyingpete wrote: my loving wife thinks it only cost's £25 to build a hurricane of this size :whistle:

Mrs Ross would simply concur

More
8 years 10 months ago #4917 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Mk1a sea hurricane

flyingpete wrote: I'm so glad my loving wife thinks it only cost's £25 to build a hurricane of this size :whistle:

Funny that Pete, my wife thought the same for along time. Then she started looking at discarded RC magazines. I was intensely interrogated for a what seemed a very long time.

Now, she just shrugs and says "Not another one?" :lol:

More
8 years 10 months ago #4920 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Mk1a sea hurricane
Ha ha, bit like my £20 carbon props :P

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds