Tx and Rx advice for newbie!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #782 by
Looking at upgrading my Tx and Rx (then a new model), and a few guys have said the dx6i can't e beaten price wise (cant get away with spending mega bucks just yet!).
I have found a site, £114.99 for both Tx and Rx, my questions are, is that a fair price for the combo? Is it cheaper elsewhere? Also has anyone had dealings with this site before?

www.wirelessmadness.com/rc-equipment/rad...nVnrsCFUbKtAodznAAgQ

Any help is much appreciated.
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #783 by
Replied by on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!
Hi Dan

Although I have been doing this hobby a number of years now I still class myself as a relatively inexperienced modeller and having recently upgraded my Tx and Rx I would ask yourself is 6 channels going to be enough for your future models? Last year I ventured in to a small 20cc model and used 8 channels.

FYI I went with the Hitec Aurora 9 and very pleased with it.

Cheers James

More
10 years 4 months ago #785 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!
Dan,

If big bucks in an issue at present and your inventory of models is small then a si said yesterday the DX6i will serve you well for some time.

Bear in mind that the RX is worth £40.00 on it's own so the TX is only costing you about £70.00. In my mind a good buy. Plus you have a large choice of receivers that will pair with it.

More
10 years 4 months ago #787 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!
If you want to or need to use a buddy box feature then going with Spektrum/JR or Futaba will match with most in the club. But if this is not an issue you could take a look at the FrSky Teranis. You'll need to put your name on a waiting list but when you get one it will be more capable than the DX6i (arguably more capable than any other transmitter currently available?). This means you will not need to upgrade again for a long time. Ask Chris and Chloe Hughes why they upgraded from DX6i to DS7s?

You will then also have access to receivers that cost £15 to £25, so you will save money in the long term.

Regards
Mike

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #788 by
Replied by on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!
All seem very valid points to take into consideration. Main criteria is to get something decent without spending a fortune at the moment which is why the Dx6i seems a viable option.

Mike: What sort of price are you looking at for the FrSky Teranis?

More
10 years 4 months ago #789 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!
Dan

To add to what has already been said, think hard before you make your decision. If you stay with the hobby, I would almost guarantee that within a year you will be wishing you had gone for something more capable and with more channels, at which time you will either have to put up with the limitations of a basic 6 channel set, or be spending again. It may be cheaper now but will be more expensive in the long run.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds