2nd Elevator Servo for 7 Channel Receiver. Futaba

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 10 months ago #17009 by
I think I know the answer but I will ask if anyone has an idea. I have a 7 ch Orange receiver/gyro to put in a model that has 2 elevator servos. On Futaba, ch8 is the 2nd elevator channel. I don't have an 8th and I cannot fathom how you drive 2 servos. Tried a 'Y' lead, just means elevators go in different directions. I guess I will have to have a separate gyro unit running through a Futaba 8ch receiver. Maybe you have a better solution, I hope so!
Simon O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #17010 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic 2nd Elevator Servo for 7 Channel Receiver. Futaba
Simon - Couple of ideas for you, using existing elevator set up & "Y" lead.
1 - Change linkages / horn position on 1 servo so they move in the same direction.
2 - Fit electronic servo reverser to 1 servo.
Trust this helps.

Colin.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 10 months ago #17012 by
Many thanks Colin. I will look at the possibilities
Simon

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #17015 by JRI
Too late now Simon, but all you do with Futaba is make servo 5 (or any other spare channel you choose) a slave of servo 2 (programmed in the Tx) and it will happily track (or reverse) every elevator movement. I will show you or PM you the exact setup if you tell me which Tx model you have (it has been an available feature since the very first digital Tx futaba made), and every model I have has dual elevato servos.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by JRI.

More
5 years 10 months ago #17017 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic 2nd Elevator Servo for 7 Channel Receiver. Futaba
Hi John - I went the simple route.
I bow to your superior programming skills Mr Jet Jockey.

Colin.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 10 months ago #17018 by
John, I would be very grateful to have the knowledge of how to do it. I have a t8j transmitter. The channels available are 5 & 7. The gyro is switched on 5 as per the receivers instructions.
Many thanks
Simon

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds