F14 developed a radio fault

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #23852 by Wingman1962
F14 developed a radio fault was created by Wingman1962
Hi. Could do with a few suggestions on how I could sort out a fault in the radio on my Freewing F14. The model has had a few flights and seemed ok. I stripped the model down to carry out a few repairs and to remove the retracts in order to reduce weight with the intention of using a bungee to launch it. During set up I noticed that the right taileron had developed a really bad glitch whenever the rudders or elevator are operated. I have tried a few things to try and sort it out, the receiver battery is fully charged, I have re-bound the receiver a couple of times, I have swapped the receiver for one that I know is ok and I have tried using a different transmitter and I have replaced both elevator servos. The only other thing I can think of doing is bypassing the onboard integrated circuit module unless anyone has any other idea what may be causing it that I could try. Thanks John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #23853 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic F14 developed a radio fault
John, are you using FW’s ‘bluebox’ ? Is this the module you mention? If so, yes, try and bypass that. I took mine out of the T33, not because I had issues with it but had read of some that supposedly had.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by DaveBright.

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #23854 by Wingman1962
Replied by Wingman1962 on topic F14 developed a radio fault
Its the module that is supplied with the model. I think I could bypass it completely and just use the elevon mix on the transmitter. I will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks

More
3 years 3 months ago #23859 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic F14 developed a radio fault
Yep, dump the module and use your TX for mixes. I had similar issues with a Taft EDF a few years ago, I pored over the circuit board for dodgy tracks/headers, etc. Surfed the "Net" and nearly everyone said dump the board and plugged in direct. Open TX gave me 8 -16 channels so plenty of options.

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #23863 by Wingman1962
Replied by Wingman1962 on topic F14 developed a radio fault
Ok managed to bypass the onboard circuit module, and after a fair bit of head scratching got the tailerons and every thing else directly programmed into the transmitter and that has sorted it out, thanks Dave and Phil. Next got design and make a ramp to launch it from.

More
3 years 3 months ago #23864 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic F14 developed a radio fault
No idea what size your tomcat is but i use one of these for my Impressivio

hobbyking.com/en_us/pedal-operated-bunge...embly.html?wrh_pdp=1

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds