JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4709 by Phil Ford
JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats was created by Phil Ford
Setting up channels and servo control using JR transmitters in this case DSX9 (2.4ghz)

JonTappin wrote: Except 2nd aileron should always be in aux1/flap (whatever your radio calls it) channel. As you have JR, there will be a dedicated dual aileron function (10X calls it 'wing type') which you can use to set up differential, flapperons etc. If you use any other channel you would have to set it up manually.

Use the next available aux channel for your second elevator, some of the higher number aux channels can have a noticable lag when mixed to other channels. Easy enough to see this when setting up.

When you are setting up the elevators, it is worth spending some time making sure they track together across their full range, not just at neutral and the end points, when you only do the extremes, you would be surprised how much out they can be at the mid points. Tape a couple of lengths of balsa to the elevators 3-400mm long, with their outer ends together behind the rudder, you will then easily be able to see the tracking. I use a curve mix instead of a standard one, you can then adjust at points throughout the travel.

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4710 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats
I have changed the setting in the "device set-up" menu to dual/mate. This now gives me new list showing aileron l & r and also elevator l & r. There is now a aileron differential setting too. So far so good. I have inhibited aux2 switch (flap) and also gear switch. At the moment I am just using the "monitor" facility to see what changes are having what effect.

Do I still need to use the programmable mixes for basic functions of aileron and elevator?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4711 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats
Phil

I am not familiar with the programming for the DSX 9 however it sounds like you have dedicated set ups for 2 aileron and 2 elevator servos, you should not therefore need to use any other mixes. Unless you need to fine tune the elevator tracking as I mentioned in the original post above.

Are you sure that the second elevator channel you should be using is the gear channel? I would think it would be more likely to be the next available aux channel, aux3? When you move the elevator stick, can you see another channel moving with it on the monitor? Your tx instructions should tell you which aux to use for the 2nd elevator if all else fails.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by JonTappin.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #4713 by Phil Ford
Jon, in device set-up I have enabled dual/mate. Disabled flap and aux2 switches. Now in the list function menu I only have options to mate aileron with aux2, not aux1 though. I might still have that channel assigned somewhere. Elevator can only be aux 3 or 4. I also have aileron diff available now. I'll keep fiddling for now. ;)

More
8 years 10 months ago #4720 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats
Phil
Just go with the options it offers, are you sure aux1 is not the same as the flap function?

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4721 by Phil Ford

JonTappin wrote: Phil
Just go with the options it offers, are you sure aux1 is not the same as the flap function?

Reset TX and started afresh. In wing type selected Dual/Mate. Now have the option of using flap (which is aux1) to aileron, elevator mated with aux2. Aux3 and 4 I have left unassigned but as per my Mustang I may use aux4 as remote "kill-switch". In the list menu I now have aileron diff available too. I have only been viewing the Monitor at present but will shortly plug in the model fully to see what happens.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds