So, Which model next?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #824 by
So, Which model next? was created by
So it looks like (Down to help of everyone here) I'll be getting a new transmitter and receiver soon - However like an excited child at Christmas, I'm now looking at what model would be good as an *Upgrade*.

So, I'm a new (On a red membership card), However I bought a cheap plane(Dynam Hawksky) with Tx & Rx for £100 to see if I would like the hobby, sadly for my bank balance - I do!

So I am looking for something to learn with which will also give me enjoyment for sometime! Ideally something modeler which can be easily broke down to store (Anything that will fit on top of the wardrobe would be great!!)

Eventually I would love to look at crashing a few planes planes learning aerobatics - But I think I will learn the basics of flying first!

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #825 by
Replied by on topic So, Which model next?
I would go for a 40 size trainer

My two favourites would be a wot trainer or Irvine tutor 40 both could be fitted with glow or electric power

But there are many other trainers in this class

More
10 years 4 months ago #826 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic So, Which model next?
Hi Dan, I have a WOT trainer with an Evolution 0.46 glow engine and all servos, its hardly been used and is just sat here doing nothing, if your interested PM me and I am sure we can sort out a good price for you. If you wanted something new I highly recommend the Hangar 9 Pulse XT40 really docile to fly on low rates, I learnt on one and now Chloe is learning on the same one, its taken a good pounding and is still going :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #829 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic So, Which model next?
I will second what Chris said about the Pulse.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #830 by
Replied by on topic So, Which model next?
Personally I would skip the whole trainer thing and go for a sports model! Most sports model's set up right make ideal trainers and once you have learnt the basics you can up the control surface movements and have some real fun at no extra cost!!
A couple of things to consider;
Budget?
Electric or nitro? Both have pro's and con's in my opinion!

As Chris and Simon have said the Hangar 9 pulse XT40 is very good and having seen the amount of abuse it has had in the last year it's well worth the extra cost!!

Hope that helps a little!! B)

More
10 years 4 months ago #831 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So, Which model next?
I cannot help with a specific model but would add that...

Electric models store on top of wardrobes better than nitro ones - I'm guessing you already know this since this thread is posted in the electric power forum.
Tail-draggers store easier than tricycle undercarriages because the wing usually doesn't have any wheels attached.
Mid-wing models often have two-piece wings which store even smaller. I think Jon's green thing is an example of this type.

Mike

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.507 seconds