Charger upgrade

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #14733 by AlanF
Charger upgrade was created by AlanF
I already have a standard cheapo 4 button charger providing 6s 6a 50w capability but am considering a requirement to charge lipos in the range of 6s 4000mAh. I could keep my charger and accept 0.5C charge capability but this might ultimately be a pain.

What charger upgrade would you suggest? I suspect I will never go much higher than this but I wonder if there is a "sweet spot" in charger capability to aim for without spending too much money

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14734 by
Replied by on topic Charger upgrade
Without any experience of any other make, I would suggest you look at the iCharger range, I have the 106b+ but you may wish to look further up the range for more power.

I need to source a more powerful powersupply as that's my current limiting factor.

Oh and it's got a hot wire setting for when you want to cut your own wings Alan :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #14738 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Charger upgrade

Chris001 wrote: Without any experience of any other make, I would suggest you look at the iCharger range, I have the 106b+ but you may wish to look further up the range for more power.

I use the icharger 306B (1000watt @ 24 volt) . At 12 volt I have 15 amp available. Very compact for the power output. However, after what you were saying on Sunday then possibly the 106 would do you. Unless you plan on going into big E -Planes or EDFs ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanF

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #14745 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Charger upgrade

Chris001 wrote:
I need to source a more powerful powersupply as that's my current limiting factor.

Thanks Chris, I use an Xbox power brick to run my charger - 8 quid from amazon a few years ago. Alternatively, a PC PSU from ebay might do the trick.

Nice pun by the way.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14746 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Charger upgrade

PhilF51 wrote:

Chris001 wrote: Without any experience of any other make, I would suggest you look at the iCharger range, I have the 106b+ but you may wish to look further up the range for more power.

I use the icharger 306B (1000watt @ 24 volt) . At 12 volt I have 15 amp available. Very compact for the power output. However, after what you were saying on Sunday then possibly the 106 would do you. Unless you plan on going into big E -Planes or EDFs ;)

Cheers Phil the 106b at 250W is probably about the right thing to aim for.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by AlanF.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14750 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Charger upgrade

AlanF wrote:
Cheers Phil the 106b at 250W is probably about the right thing to aim for.

Yes Alan I agree. If you only plan on middling electrics then it should set you up nicely. I was taken aback on how much my 306B has gone up in price. :whistle: I didn't or wouldn't have paid that much.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds