Sebart Wind s 50e tailplane

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #15856 by
I am assembling the model using the Sebart pictures only instruction manual that one of our members kindly hooked me up with.
I have installed the servos, one in each tailplane, and am puzzled as to how to fit the tailplanes to the fuz. There is a carbon rod that goes through the fuz and is then drilled through each tailplane and anchored with a screw each side. My concern is that if I glue each tailplane to the fuz I will not be able to get to either servo should I need to in the future. Am I worrying for no reason?
Thanks
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #15857 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Sebart Wind s 50e tailplane
The tailplanes are designed to be removable - do not glue it. You might however want to ensure that the carbon rod is a faily tight fit as any sloppiness results in eventual loosening of the tail planes - this is usually done by smearing cyano or similar onto the carbon rod then smoothing it down with fine glass paper.. I think I beeffed-up the holes where the locating pins slot into too. in my opinion there is 'WAY' too much movent on all the tail surfaces so consider elongated horns on the tailplanes and rudder (and shorter on the servo arms which means widening the slots).
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by JRI.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #15858 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Wind s 50e tailplane
Many thanks John
Simon

More
6 years 2 months ago #15859 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Sebart Wind s 50e tailplane
If you plan to keep the tailplane fitted for storage / transport, another solution which ive used for eliminating any slop is a a smear of clear clear silicone. This allows disassembly if required.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #15862 by
Rudder servo location.
The manual shows fitting the rudder servo in the back of the fuz. However all the hardware to fit a rudder closed loop system is included in the kit so there appears to be a choice. Has anyone experience of the best location for the rudder servo?
Many thanks
Simon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #15868 by
Hi Simon, I had great fun with the closed loop system :angry: , but life became so much more enjoyable when I put the servo in the tail, so in my humble opinion if you can get the CofG with the servo in the tail go with that.

I also used a Sulivan tail wheel where the steering is done via a spring attached to the rudder, I think this helps soften any shocks that are transmitted from our rough ground to the servo.

I should say that mine is the MythoS, but I think they are so closely related as to not make much difference.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds