Sebart Wind s 50e tailplane

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #15869 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Wind s 50e tailplane
Hi Chris
Ok will go with putting it in the tail, can always counter balance it later and I detest closed loop anyway. Yes I have the Sullivan tail wheel, which spring did you use?
Many thanks
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #15870 by
I used the big spring on the tail wheel.

Are you in a position to put the plane together and hang the servo on the tail to see if it will balance with your battery. I was very nervous that mine would not balance, but in the end I kept (with the help of Jon, but I don't like to talk about that) moving the battery back, in fact I suspect it could still come back a little bit.

By the way, you'll love it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #15872 by
Not in a position to check c of g yet but I will trust in the wisdom of Jon! And of course, yourself. I used the larger spring for the tail wheel assembly as well.
Looking forward to getting it finished , however I am now trying to manufacture extended horns for rudder and elevator from a sheet of carbon fibre. Not easy! I took JRIs advice and fitted small servo arms to rudder & elevator servos, just horns to do. I'm using X power motor and esc from Probuild, measurements seem to be ok unlike the Savox servos that required a lot of filing and sanding of the models pre cut servo holes to fit.
We will see if it all works out.
Simon

More
6 years 1 month ago #15878 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Sebart Wind s 50e tailplane
Simon

As Chris has already mentioned, I would leave your decision about the rudder servo position until you are able to check the cg. You may find with the servo in the tail you will need to put lead in the nose even with the battery as far forward as possible, which you want to avoid.

A direct direct drive linkage is a better option but closed loop works perfectly well. I haven't owned a Wind 50 but have had an Angel S 50 and that had a closed loop rudder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 1 month ago #15879 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sebart Wind s 50e tailplane

JonTappin wrote: closed loop works perfectly well.

I also think closed loops reduces shocks to servo plus the fact that your tail wheel is only connected to the rudder by a spring. That's my tuppence worth.;)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds