To sell or not to sell?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #1433 by
To sell or not to sell? was created by
To those who have seen my setup (Dynam Hawksky), I'm seeking a little advice.

After saying for a while about purchasing the FrSky Taranis Tx and Rx, im also looking at changing my plane to something that doesn't just get blown away with the slightest of breeze, many people at the club favour the riots.

Anyways, this now leads me to the issues of 1) I can't store two planes 2) I can't use two planes at the same time.
So I'm thinking of selling my current setup. The Dynam HawkSky came complete with its own Tx and Rx, battery, charger and of course... The model itself.

Question is how much can I expect to get for this set? I Only paid £120ish for this setup. It's in good condition as not flown that much since buying/joining the club as the shoddy winter weather!

Any advice is much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #1444 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic To sell or not to sell?
You've asked an impossible question - how much?

Be prepared to ship it because if you limit yourself to local pickup the number of potential buyers will be very few. Be prepared to stick it on ebay and let the market decide the value. Be prepared that it might not sell or might go for a very low price.

If your budget cannot afford to let it go for peanuts, keep flying it until it is worth nothing. The weather we've had this winter is not typical and you can still learn a lot from this model before shelling out for the riot.

One final thought...if storage is a bigger problem than cash, can you store wings and fuselage vertically inside your wardrobe between and behind the shirts? While I was decorating the house and converting my garage I stored models there as well as under the bed. When Jane eventually told me to move the models from under the bed, I 'forgot' about the easyglider in the wardrobe for several more weeks.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #1447 by
Replied by on topic To sell or not to sell?
Ha, I do like the thinking! Perhaps your right... I can always use the Taranis in the current model... Perhaps I could think of upgrading the model rather than replacing then with bigger motor (and esc and battery)..... That's anew topic all together!

If the weather is like this next Saturday, I'm hoping to get down there - that's if anyone is about to stand over my should (yup, still a newbie)

More
10 years 2 months ago #1451 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic To sell or not to sell?
Hi Dan - Following on from Mike's comments, the wind we have "enjoyed" over the last months is exceptional.
I have "googled" your model and found some interesting vidio and write ups - given the right conditions it's a model that is easy to fly and you should have lots of fun with it. The guy was looping & rolling it and even managed some inverted flight.
Worth hanging in there till we get some calmer conditions.

If you do decide to sell then the BMFA website is another option, asking price, thats difficult - but if you can achieve about 70% of what you paid you will have done well.

Trust this helps.
Regards
Colin.A.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #1525 by
Replied by on topic To sell or not to sell?
Thanks for all the advice.
Looking at weather tomorrow ( www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Poole ), I'm going to be down tomorrow, anyone about down cashmoore?

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds