Set Up Assistance required Spektrum DX 8 with AR620

More
3 years 3 months ago #23944 by R1cky
Hi All

I have been trying to set up my newly purchased Aero Wot (s/h) with my SpektrumDX8 and new AR620 reciever.

Did bind ok, and set all servo's then tried to calibrate the ESC. However i did not get the 2 bleeps I got series of beeps from 1 to 5 repeated.
I tried again and now just get continuous 2 beeps and now NONE of the servo's move!

Can anybody give me some advice as I am really keen to get flying again!

Many Thanks

Ricky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #23951 by MikeSeale
1. Remove the propeller for safety.
2. Make sure the esc is plugged into the throttle channel.
3. Make sure throttle stick is low AND trim is also low to ensure you have at least -100%.
4. Try re-binding to see if this now work.
5. If not, try moving the throttle stick to full once you hear the beeps to see if this makes any difference to the tones you hear. If the tones change, pull the throttle stick back to low and see if it is now binding OK.
6. Try binding the receiver using a different esc to establish that the receiver is working.

More
3 years 3 months ago #23952 by Daz
Hi Ricky.
I had the same problem with Dx8 and Ar620.
On a new model tried all mikes suggestions without success.
Changed esc now perfect.

Cheers David

More
3 years 3 months ago #23968 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Set Up Assistance required Spektrum DX 8 with AR620
Ricky
As it all worked beforeyou tried to callibrate the esc I suspect you un calibrated it. Spectrum are sensitive to having the throttle signal in range.
If you have a known maker esc go to there web site and check there calibration method, if you cant then.

Remove your prop
Turn your transmitter on set trim to center and move throttle to fully forward.
Connect battery of the model and listen for the first tone maybe 2 beeps.
As soon as the first tone has finished move the throttle to low.
Disconnect the battery and reconnect.

If the tones are different let it run through the sequence a few times so you get a feel for the different tones. To restart the sequence unplug the battery don't move the throttle leaver to low as this could change another setting

I think the spectrum receiver will show a light if it has power which would prove the esc is producing 5+ volts.

If you change the esc and the new one works don't throw it away give it to me.

If all else fails I'm still able to go up at 8 in the morning

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds