Lidl RC Conversion New Plane Version 3 & Glider

• ElectRick
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #26614 by ElectRick
Replied by ElectRick on topic Lidl RC Conversion New Plane Version 3 & Glider
Here are my Lidl fleet with the new blue ones. The blue glider weighs only 230gm and at 7oz/sq. foot should fly in light winds off even a small slope. An internal carbon tube strengthens the fuselage while allowing a carbon rod to run inside to operate the elevator.The blue plane at 10oz/sq ft. (with an 850mAh battery) has a slightly larger carbon tube through which the wires for the elevator servo run. The servo is mounted in the tailplane showing only from underneath and mostly hidden by the fuselage. Making the holes for the tubes were quite tricky. I made jig for the hot piano wire, heating only the tip and inserting a little more each time using little force to keep it from bending and hoping it would emerge in the cockpit rather than out of the side of the fuselage!
I still had to add a little weight to the tail but that is the price of having the battery internal to the fuselage.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Phil Ford. Reason: Image Placement - I have reset them. See my post below

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #26615 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Lidl RC Conversion New Plane Version 3 & Glider
Rick, please don't use Add images. Large images may break the page.  Drag n drop images into the grey area at the bottom pf the post. A blue progress line will show uploading. Then click submit.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #26617 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Lidl RC Conversion New Plane Version 3 & Glider
Ric - Well impressed with your 4 conversions, very neat having internal pushrod for the elevator on version 4.
Will be taking mine to Memorial Day , hopefully we can have a group launch.
Any idea how many members have one ?
Thanks
Colin 

​​​​​​

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds