Recommendation for electric powered trainer/sport.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #2617 by
Hi All,

I've spoken to a couple of club members at the site about recommendations for a beginners model and it was suggested that I place the question on the forums as there are sure to be plenty of opinions on the matter. My son has already bought a small model but it's already having problems (Simon managed to land it successfully after the wheels fell off on takeoff on Sat. - pretty impressive!). There seems to be a general consensus that a tail wheel rather than noise wheel is better. Also, folk seem to prefer dihedral wings. Other than that I've no idea where to focus my research so any and all input would be greatly appreciated. If you have had positive experiences with any particular models then please speak up. I noticed a thread by Danlegg on a similar subject but I don't know what he finally decided on.

Thanks - Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2648 by 4Pedalsfly
Mike - Get ready for different opinions on this subject but here's my input.
I taught a guy to fly who came into the hobby in his lates sixties and he made
great progress once he bought a Multiplex " FunCub."
It's a high quality foam model with large soft wheels and a springy undercarriage which absourbs heavy landings
& my pupil had many of them without damaging the airframe !!
When set up with moderate control throws it's a very stable flyer - once your son has gained more experience he
can increase the controls throws and enjoy some mild aerobatics.
If you "Google " it you will find a Multiplex promotional video.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Colin.A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds