B25 Mitchell EP

More
8 years 8 months ago #5415 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic B25 Mitchell EP
You have an iCharger, don't you? Check the internal resistance of the cells in each pack to see if there's a big difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #5439 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic B25 Mitchell EP
I have checked the rpms and they are virtually similar. When I was originally monitoring the power I was only checking current/ wattage, so even though the amps being drawn, varied between motors in fact the efficiency of the ESCs and Motors gave similar actual rpms.

Checked both pack's cell's voltages and statuses. Pack 1 is down on cell volts. Put it on the i-Charger and cycled it from 3.7v to 4.2 a couple of times. Cells now come up to 4.19/4.2v. now shows 99% charge. 20.9 volts. That seems to have livened it up. ;)

Made up a parallel lead anyway. Tried it on the parallel patch lead with no obvious difference. So, only way to find out what is what is to fly it.... :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5443 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic B25 Mitchell EP
Far to technical for me,I'm sticking wth diesel ;-)

More
8 years 8 months ago #5445 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic B25 Mitchell EP

PhilF51 wrote: Checked both pack's cell's voltages and statuses. Pack 1 is down on cell volts. Put it on the i-Charger and cycled it from 3.7v to 4.2 a couple of times. Cells now come up to 4.19/4.2v. now shows 99% charge. 20.9 volts.

It's a lot easier to check the health of a battery by measuring the internal resistance.

• 4Pedalsfly
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #5473 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic B25 Mitchell EP
Phil - On my electric. twin Otter I have contra rotating props, revs were very close at 7,700 & 7,800 but running off a
single battery. Tracks really straight with contra rotation.
Colin.A

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds