Futaba failsafe

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 10 months ago #9092 by
Futaba failsafe was created by
Would appreciate comments from Futaba users.
Checking failsafe on a fellow members model, we discovered that if the throttle stick was off the low position, the failsafe was disabled. The motor still ran and throttled, but did not shut down. The second try, with stick on the stop, it worked.
This seems to me to be a potential problem, but I am not conversant with the current Futaba radios, so did I miss something?

Stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #9094 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Futaba failsafe
That's how the 'kill' switch works Stuart I suspect in order to avoid accidental kill operation - 'failsafe' however is based on losing signal at the Rx and will take the throttle down to the pre-set value (every time).

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 10 months ago #9096 by
Replied by on topic Futaba failsafe
John
It didn't, that is why I raised the query. When it was switched on with stick not at min, switching tx off did not operate t he failsafe.

Stuart

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #9097 by JRI
That doesn't sound like its been set properly Stuart. I test my failsafe on all my models at the start of every flying session and they have never failed to operate (i.e. I open the throttle full and then switch off the tx and watch/listen for the throttle to close. Please can you advise Tx and Rx models (and are we talking Futaba or Orange or similar Rx?).
I will take a look if you still have concerns! Ps there is a mode which is 'hold' rather than failsafe - could this have been deployed?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by JRI.

More
7 years 10 months ago #9098 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Futaba failsafe
Stuart

Is it possible the failsafe is set to 'hold' not throttle to idle, so when you switch off the tx, the throttle is holding it's last position?

More
7 years 10 months ago #9099 by JRI
Beat me to it Jon - I just amended my previous post!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds