Pilatus PC21

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #9247 by Phil Ford
Pilatus PC21 was created by Phil Ford
Have had this model for a while now (well, since I last saw Big Dave's PC21 a few months ago and just had to have one more plane) This is Version 3 with upgraded all ally landing gear. Input power to prop is 1450 watts. A few little just jobs to do, set up steering and paint in the wheel wells. I am the trainee pilot sat in the front...... :lol:

Here it is hiding in the back garden.......... My wife originally thought the box contained "spare parts" ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #9250 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Pilatus PC21
Looks really good Phil, like the six blader , what does that Wattage translate into in Watts / pound ?
Amazing what you can find in a box of spare parts !!

Colin

More
7 years 9 months ago #9251 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Pilatus PC21
Love that prop

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #9253 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pilatus PC21

4Pedalsfly wrote: Looks really good Phil, like the six blader , what does that Wattage translate into in Watts / pound ?

Colin

Five blades just like the real PC21. Prop is set for 13x10. at 13x8 it is pulling 1250 watts. Until it is flown we won't know what is the ideal prop pitch. Power to weight ratio about 2 to 1 although I have not weighed my actual model. Prop sounds like a ducted fan without the screeching. ;)

I blame Dave Rogers cos he got one and it flies lovely just like Sebart F3As. Had to get it from Belgium before the Brexit! :lol:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds