OS GT33

More
6 years 11 months ago #12864 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic OS GT33
You say both engines have approx the same run-time, does this mean that the Pepsi's engine went flaky recently? Can't think why they want to see both engines, after all they know exactly how a GT33 performs, so sending back the good engine is a waste of time. Have you explored every possible glitch in the carburettor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #12865 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic OS GT33
Based on your description (2 identical setups) It is highly probable that one of your engines has a fault and as Ripmax are offering to bench test the suspect unit, its got to be worth the postage to let them deal with it. If you investigate yourself and subsequently decide to send it to Ripmax they may say you've messed with it and deny warranty.

More
6 years 11 months ago #12866 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic OS GT33
3 screws hold the inlet manifold onto the cylinder head. Why not just swap them over?

More
6 years 11 months ago #12867 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic OS GT33
Hi Phil - In my opinion I would take up Ripmax's offer & return BOTH engines so they can undertake
the comparison suggested.
Colin.A

More
6 years 11 months ago #12868 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic OS GT33

JRI wrote: 3 screws hold the inlet manifold onto the cylinder head. Why not just swap them over?

That's what I'd do first.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #12871 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic OS GT33
i would rather not tamper with the engines other than the normal jet adjustments. Why both? I Don't understand why? Pennzoil's engine is just fine but the later Pepsi engine is the one with the issue. As it does not perform as would be expected then that shoud be reason enough to send it back for testing. Thanks for all your inputs Guys.

I will email Peter and suggest that the only engine needing checking is the Pepsi and see what he says.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds