Saito FA100 running problems

• Hobby1964
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #21263 by Hobby1964
Saito FA100 running problems was created by Hobby1964
Glow expertise required please. My FA100 has been working well since originally installed in my Acrowot but it was running with an onboard glow driver which, I was told, wasn’t really necessary. So, after a bit of accident repair, I decided I’d remove the onboard glow driver. Since then it is not running right. I get it ticking over ok 2.5k then rev it to max revs 9.3k but when I shut the throttle back to tick over then open the throttle again, it cuts.

As far as the settings, the manual says the base setting is with the end of the jet flush with the end of the throttle lever but it was actually a couple of turns in. Running it flush caused an excessive amount of oil from the exhaust so really rich.

What ever I seem to do it’s not happy and it cuts. I’m sure it should be ok without the Onboard glow driver but it would appear that the glow driver was actually overcoming a poor setup perhaps. When I fitted it originally I pretty much fitted it and it worked without any low end adjustments albeit with the onboard glow driver. I don’t have a great deal of experience with four strokes and when I follow what it says in the manual it doesn’t really seem to make sense, or work.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #21264 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Saito FA100 running problems

Hobby1964 wrote: it was running with an onboard glow driver which, I was told, wasn’t really necessary

There are lots of things in life that are not really necessary, but if they help then why not...

More
4 years 3 months ago #21266 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Saito FA100 running problems
I would guess that you need a new or hotter glow plug.Other than that, check that the pressure feed pipe between your exhaust and the fuel tank hasn't become defective.

• Hobby1964
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #21268 by Hobby1964
Replied by Hobby1964 on topic Saito FA100 running problems
I'm using an OS F

More
4 years 3 months ago #21269 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Saito FA100 running problems
Glow plugs rely partly on the catalytic reaction between the platinum glow element and methanol as well as heat. If you were originally relying on electricity to keep the glow alight, it might be that the element is contaminated and no longer reacts catalytically. Try a new plug if you have one.

• Hobby1964
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #21270 by Hobby1964
Replied by Hobby1964 on topic Saito FA100 running problems
Sorry I meant to say, I fitted a brand new one

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds