New IMAC model at last

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #21312 by JonTappin
New IMAC model at last was created by JonTappin
I have been looking for a replacement competition model since losing the Sukhoi just before the Nats. I missed out on a couple of models a few weeks ago and have been starting to think I was going to have to go for a new airframe.

But I have now managed to get hold of one which I think is better than either of the 2 I missed out on, so maybe it was meant to be!

Composite ARF 3.1m Extra 330sc in the scale Brietling scheme. Also has top spec JR gear in it, so ideal for me. Got a bit of work to do to install my DA170 as it originally had a 4 cylinder ZDZ in it, but hope to have it in the air before too long
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by JonTappin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #21313 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic New IMAC model at last
I assume the original motor would have greater length to the prop driver so if you need assistance with stand-offs or a load spreader plate - ask your dad ! ( no seriously - i'd be pleased to help)

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #21317 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic New IMAC model at last
Thanks very much Kevin, it shouldn't need anything though as the previous owner had the proper CARF engine dome extension box, which he passed on to me. According to the manual, when bonded to the front it should be correct for my DA170. Fingers crossed!!

More
4 years 4 months ago #21318 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic New IMAC model at last
Nice one Jon. Hope it wasn't as expensive as their bloody watches. Anyway better livery than you the usual ExF and Horizon logo stuff that seems to be everywhere. ;) I think yellow was around 2014 and 2017 it changed again to yellow nose, wing tips, body blue and white (maybe silver though) Could not view too well due to the smoke.

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #21322 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic New IMAC model at last
Nice Video Phil! I think that is a different aeroplane though, as far as I know there are/were 3 Breitling schemed Extra 330sc's 2 french and one American registered. The one in my scheme has now been rebranded as Black Wolf, but is otherwise the same scheme.

But you are right that the yellow version will be the easiest to see!
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by JonTappin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
4 years 4 months ago #21323 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic New IMAC model at last
Black Wolf and the Silver one nice but the orange one- Urrgh!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds