Warbirds 2020

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #21355 by DaveBright
Warbirds 2020 was created by DaveBright
Further to the January newsletter which outlines the resurgence in Warbird flying at Cashmoor, I thought I'd pop a thread up for all to share their 2020 Warbird plans.
With the sad passing of Stuart last year a few of us have become caretakers of some of his collection; most noticeably, Stuart's love of jugs (P47s). On Sunday 29th December 2019, Myself, Jon, Simon and Dave managed to achieve our first 4 ship of P47s; 3 of which belonged to Stuart, comprising Hangar 9, Seagull and Blackhorse models, two of which powered by 4 strokes and two powered by electric. We managed some reasonably good formation and a sight that i'm sure Stuart would have been very proud of. Unfortunately, no photos were taken of the 4 ship, however some months earlier Dave, Jon and Simon (with his own Jug) were captured on video with a 3 ship formation flight.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by DaveBright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #21356 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Warbirds 2020
SeaFury and ME109

After a great trip to Weston Park in 2019, a group of us stopped off at RAF Cosford on the Sunday for a wander around the museum - and what a museum it is. Nearly everything historic you could want to see aviation wise - a very well recommended trip. Anyway, for me this rekindled my love of the Hawker Sea Fury but had always thought the larger composite versions were too expensive and out of reach (1/5 / 1/4 with Moki radials). Fast forward a few months and Simon texts me having seen an YT (ESM) 40/50cc Sea Fury for sale on the BMFA site complete with servos, retracts and a DL50, my interest was peaked. Downside, the model was in Norfolk.
The seller also had up for sale a large ME109 RTF that Simon was interested in, so a plan was hatched to see if we could do a deal on both and have a boys day out to go and collect them.......... a boy's day out ensued!
Simon arrived at chateau Bright for a 6am departure........we got back around 18:30 but with two lovely airframes.

I'll let Simon add the details of his ME109 but it has flown and photo included below. Beautiful kit built model, excellent finish with great weathering.

My Sea Fury is on the bench, needs all servos replacing and i'll be swapping the DL50 out soon. Even with a baby this year, I expect to have it flying this year.
Attachments:

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #21357 by DaveBright
Simon's 109 in flight on Sunday.
Attachments:

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #21358 by DaveBright
Who else has Warbird plans to share? Either new acquisitions, rebuilds/restoration or simply something that should be flown more than it is?

From a photography point of view, it would be great to arrange some 'heritage' flybys! (such as the below from Ferndown Fete '19)
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by DaveBright.

More
4 years 3 months ago #21362 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Warbirds 2020
The Ferndown Fete picture prompts me to own up to the recent purchase of a second hand electric B25 Mitchell. Coincidentally it is 1/14th scale which is near enough the same scale as the EDF Mig-15 which appears to be Big Dave’s target of choice.
After a complete re-wiring, the replacement of a couple of servos and moving the C of G back more than an inch (it was originally set-up frightfully nose heavy) It’s now already to fly.
Unfortunately I am not, being still troubled with my workshop/self inflicted tendon damage which happened at the end of August, just before the NATS, and is still making holding a transmitter a painful process.
It got a little better before I started physiotherapy. The muscular lady who is “treating” me seems to be making it worse!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #21363 by
Replied by on topic Warbirds 2020
I will own up to having acquired and putting together an FMS 1700mm Mustang over a year ago! It is still in my work room gathering dust. Maybe it's time to take it to the field! That's 2 WW2 allied warbirds in my collection. Perhaps I should now seek out a foe plane ??
Simon O
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by .

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds