Extreme Flight Slick 580

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #21615 by Phil Ford
Extreme Flight Slick 580 was created by Phil Ford
Anyone have knowledge of these? Looking at the 78 inch now that I may have a GT33 (late of my treasured Pepsi) The prop drive on the engine may be bent though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #21616 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Extreme Flight Slick 580

Phil Ford wrote: Anyone have knowledge of these? Looking at the 78 inch now that I may have a GT33 (late of my treasured Pepsi) The prop drive on the engine may be bent though.

'it it wiv an 'ammer. In other news: The windsock, having had a little lie down, is expected to make a full recovery.

More
4 years 2 months ago #21617 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Extreme Flight Slick 580
You cant go wrong with any of the current Extreme Flight planes, so just go for the one you like the look of

Build it per the manual, C of G, control throws etc and you will have a great flying plane (Dont skimp on servo's the control surfaces are huge!! )

The OS33 will be a perfect match for any of the current 30 - 35 cc EF planes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #21618 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Extreme Flight Slick 580

AlanF wrote:

Phil Ford wrote: Anyone have knowledge of these? Looking at the 78 inch now that I may have a GT33 (late of my treasured Pepsi) The prop drive on the engine may be bent though.

'it it wiv an 'ammer. In other news: The windsock, having had a little lie down, is expected to make a full recovery.

It was not the the windsock but the ruddy base what finished it. David T says he will have a go although not promising. I have to remove the engine and check it first in case it was a trick of the eye
Anyway back to the subject in hand Slick 580?

More
4 years 2 months ago #21631 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Extreme Flight Slick 580
Sorry to hear you bust the Chipmunk, but on the brightside you can now get a new replacement!

As Chris said, you wouldn't be disappointed with any of the EF range, best wooden airframes on the market in my opinion

More
4 years 2 months ago #21632 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Extreme Flight Slick 580
Don't stress about a slight missalignment of your crankshaft - this can be easily rectified with a soft hammer and a dti (I have one, Kev.R probably has a better one).
I did my apprenticeship with Petters diesels and this is how we straightened cranks and camshafts on the production line.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds