WMAC Nostalga

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #3685 by
Replied by on topic WMAC Nostalga
My attempt at irony obviously failed, as it says in Reasons for Editing in my post above.
I was, of course, including myself in the criticism. We are all as bad as each other. maybe it's a sign of the times, the instant comment and the ease of reply.
In this case, the "mistakes" were deliberate. That is not always the case. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3686 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic WMAC Nostalga
Phil rote

My attempt at irony obviously failed

A clever and almost believable defence

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3687 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic WMAC Nostalga

simondean wrote: What models were being flown and which power supply in the cover shot? Also was it wet that year at the Nats or did Mitch usually wear wellies back in those days ?

I was flying a Touche from a design and kit by John Palmer, it was basically a rip off of a Japanese Aurora. Engine was a OS 61RFP pumped 2 stroke rear exhaust on a Hatori tuned pipe, the original version before the 'Hanno Special'

Mitch and Phil W were both flying versions of the Terry Westrop Acro special, both built by Phil, I think Mitch painted his though. Mitch also used the OS 61, Phil was either using an OS or a Webra, can't remember which.

John P and I used the Touche's for a few years afterwards for the MacGregor Team formation demos at Sandown.

Yes it was wet on and off that year, hence the wellies, although the weather was better in the later rounds. I particularly remember in the flyoff on the Monday, we got out on the flightline for his flights and he kicked his wellies off and flew in his socks, then after his final flight when we were pretty confident he had won, he walked out to pick up his model after landing, took off his white tee shirt and cleaned his model. :) There was much cheering and clapping although one of the other competitors did not see the funny side at all :evil:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by JonTappin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavidTappin

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.670 seconds