Entering the Gas World

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago #4030 by Phil Ford
Entering the Gas World was created by Phil Ford
I have decided that the last glows have been fitted. Now jumping ship to "Gas" for all new models. ;)

Under construction, Blue Nose Mustang with a DLE20RA. Will cause some careful thinking about, ie; moving fuel tank back a bit and redefine the servo position for throttle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4032 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Entering the Gas World
Welcome to the dark side Phil. Having tinkered with both Gas and glo I'm firmly in the Gas camp now. It take a while to get used to the vagaries of tuning and some find the smell of petrol nauseous but I find it's all worth while just to loose that ghastly slimy gooey mess slathered over the model ( and everything else ) after a days flying.
Having said that I'll be flying glo on Sunday, but that's only until I've finished the last couple of gallons of fuel left in the garage!

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4033 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Entering the Gas World

AlanF wrote: just to lose that ghastly slimy gooey mess slathered over the model ( and everything else ) after a days flying

They do electric nowadays you know.... :lol:

I'll still glow the 2 & 4 strokes I already have, can't beat that throbbing lawn mower sound of the latter. ;)
Prices of gas engines have fallen below a good 4 stroke for the same capacity so makes sense to move.

I have a brand new OS 120 AX but not sure what to do with it now.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds