Warbird selection

More
8 years 6 months ago #6485 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Warbird selection
Couple of those would be great. I'd love to see Dave and Simons P-47's in close formation. If only there were room for a humorous display team name.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6491 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Warbird selection
No direct experience of the YT warbirds, but I am sure I have heard that they tend to come out quite heavy, might be worth doing a bit of research. Personally I think I would go for Hanger 9, most of their stuff seems to be quite well sorted.

I know you didn't have a great experience with the Mustang, but I think any WW2 fighter in that size is going to be a little tricky. I thought the Muzzie flew really well, you just had to handle it carefully at low speeds.

As for the display team, I would personally love to see a couple of Juggs flown by a couple of d.... :)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by JonTappin.

More
8 years 6 months ago #6494 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Warbird selection
Think you talked about this one before, razorback
www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/Aircraft-Ha...er/product_info.html

• simondean
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #6522 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic Warbird selection
That's the one but seems no stock in UK at the moment . Tried loads of shops all showing out of stock

More
8 years 6 months ago #6525 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Warbird selection

Dave Rogers wrote: Think you talked about this one before, razorback
www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/Aircraft-Ha...er/product_info.html

On the recent scale day there was three of these P47s. Two with 4 str glow and one with a gas engine. I only saw the glow versions flying and considering there was a strong semi cross wind these birds flew well numerous times. The Guys from Winchester Club used flaps every time though because you can't float them in.

That reminds me. I must get my Me109 with it's new 120 four stroke maidened. Fuselage GRP, wings balsa ply.

More
8 years 6 months ago #6700 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Warbird selection
Warbirds seem to be quite popular so I have decided to give one a go, didn't want to spend a fortune as not sure if it is really my thing, so went for the Seagull Focke Wulf, under £300 and includes retracts (time will tell if they are up to the job), thinking my 3W 55 will pull it around quite nicely :evil:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds