Multiplex Fun Ray

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #15189 by
Multiplex Fun Ray was created by
Mike first told me about this glider a month or so back, and this is the first slope video I've seen of it... It's Foam... but looks like a lot of fun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15191 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Slope Soarer
I watched the video of the Multiplex Fun Ray, I found out how much it costs, I lost interest. Searching for an inexpensive and easy to build model, turned up this slope soarer by Chris Foss. Two channel and mostly balsa sheet construction.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #15192 by
Replied by on topic Slope Soarer
I agree the cost of the Fun Ray puts it out of contention for me too when there are other gliders that can be built. But I do love the shape, and they have thought about toughening it up for slope use with hard plastic leading edges, and it's fully aerobatic.

The Force Four looks like a fairly simple build and should be fun for mooching about on the slopes. Are you thinking of building one Brian? If I were looking for a two channel model I might look to a slightly later design like the Middle Phase, but that's only based on the youtube videos I've seen, and they might be the advanced version with Ailerons.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15196 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Multiplex Fun Ray
The Force Four wouldn't win a beauty contest, but its a Chris Foss design, and his stuff always seems to "fly right". I was thinking about time available when I got down to looking at the Force Four. It looks as though it would be a really easy and fast build, and I've the bonus of enough balsa sheet and a few servos looking for a home. Years ago I bought the plan of Chris's Phase 5. I never made a start on it, but sometimes I'd lay the plan out on the floor and just look at it. In my opinion, the lines of the Phase 5 are splendid. I passed the plan on to a fellow modeller. Now I wish I hadn't, there's an enterprising chap on eBay who sells sets of ribs, not just any old ribs, he includes ribs for Phase 5. Think I'll stick with the Force Four, easy and cheap. Has to be, I'm saving up for some big batteries.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #15198 by
Replied by on topic Multiplex Fun Ray
The Force Four was my first radio model, attempted to fly it on regen bang, bang. No success. Eventually converted to two channel Swan. It did fly, but was a bit quick. This due to heavy wood in tail and short nose needing lot of nose weight.
Make sure you keep the back end light.
Best of luck

Stuart

More
6 years 3 months ago #15225 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Multiplex Fun Ray
I've agree that the Funray is very expensive for what it is if you just consider it to be a piece of foam. However, when you see how it performs...?

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds