Slope Sunday 13th January

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #18673 by Phil Ford
Sunday 13th January was created by Phil Ford
A bit of a cool blast at the slope today with fairly high wind speeds. John B, Mike and myself and a member/chairman of WSA.
phase 5 did have any real issue but the common garden Zagis did need a bit handling. Mike "remaidened" the Orcrist after under going repairs and flies okay. No collisions or incidents this time....;)
Took some video and if any good will post up later. Wind made it difficult to hold camera steady.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #18675 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Sunday 13th January
Wind was 30mph gusting to over 40 and quite turbulent at times. I decided not to fly the Orcrist in these condisions and stuck with the Phase 5 which flew fine. Then the wind dropped so I took the opportunity to remaiden the Orcrist. Just a few clicks of aileron and elevator trim and it was flying as before. I'm sure the trim was simply that I had to (1) make a new elevator pushrod and (2) I think the unwound the aileron clevis when I removed the servo for recovering.

I launched the Orcrist for a second flight and immediately the wind got up and it was not so pleasant. The wings are strong enough but they do flex a lot and it did not look good in these blustery conditions. A quick landing and then back to the Phase 5 before the rain came in at 3pm.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 months ago #18676 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sunday 13th January
Had to cut out a fair of shaky footage due to wind but I think these are the best bits. Oh, and i have noticed that the "T" is missing in Orcrist in video titles.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, kevinross, , John Bannister, Brian

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 3 months ago #18745 by
Replied by on topic Sunday 13th January
Great video, superb flying and brilliant slope.
Not many would allow good flying in that strength wind.
Hope you didn't get too cold.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds