Telink Slope Wing

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #25546 by Phil Ford
Telink Slope Wing was created by Phil Ford
Flying slope/combat wings seem to have been and their popularity disregarded by RC importers. Suddenly I was alerted to this Telink 1220mm wing kit. Nowhere as good as the original Zagi but it will do. (Thanks Dave ;) ) The Zagi and Irvine Xit already had their servo slots and battery bay precut. On this wing I had to do it the hard way. Standard servos I thought was a bit overkill so plumped for Mighty Minis, HS255MG. And I did not want to cut away to much foam. They just sit flush now or near enough. ;) I may not have enough 50mm fibre tape too so may have to buy some more. Colour tape got loads! I have ordered the very small Frsky R4 Access receiver so when it arrives I can cut out the bay for it. It has kept me occupied on wet n windy Sunday.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, kevinross, Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #25547 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Telink Slope Wing
I took a risk with the fibre tape had left on roll. Managed to cover the wing top and bottom and the winglets. I may just have enough to hinge elvons. :unsure: The foam elvons supplied wouldn't last 2 secs so I have cut out some new ones from hard balsa sheet and champfered the leading edges a little for full hinge movement. Overkill me thinks. ;) Servos now glued in with UHU-POR. Receiver comes tomorrow so I will be able start covering in colours.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, Brian

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 2 months ago #25550 by Phil Ford
The RX4 Access receiver turned up today. Tried to Register it but no go. DOA! Going back for replacement. Wing job stalled.:(

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 2 months ago #25573 by Phil Ford
Topside can now be covered now that another receiver has arrived. Digging out more foam for the RX and somewhere to squash the servo leads into. Battery has a lead floor for initial ballast. After adding the winglets the CG had moved. Using trial and error I found that another 60gms of ballast is needed. Two pieces of lead was slotted into the wing. These can changed or removed as necessary. Plain white topside for now until I can think of some sort of decal to stick on.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveBright, Brian, MBorrett

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds