WildCat Slope Glider

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #25579 by Phil Ford
WildCat Slope Glider was created by Phil Ford
Built this slope soarer a few years back. Fuselage is made from ply and balsa, covered in Oracover and was designed on the back of my wife's shopping list. The B&Q foam wing was kindly hotwire cut out for me by John B. Originally the wing was covered in office polyfilm document plastic and painted with Halfords Fiat yellow car paint.

As I had nothing to do today I stripped the wing completely and have zagi taped it all over for strength. Ailerons were balsa and cross weave taped for strength. B&Q foam is mainly white but with black bits in it. Colour tapes are a bit translucent and the bits show through. However, black tape is a real solid colour. So, black wing top and white on the underside (with black bits). Hoping to find some white solar trim to cut out give an appearance of wing feathers on the top side of the wing tips.

Next job that may need doing. The fin is designed to break away in a crash, held in place with two magnets and a carbon rod dowel. Judging by recent sorties at the slopes I think the dowel should be bit longer, well Matt B thinks so. :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, Brian, MBorrett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #25580 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic WildCat Slope Glider
If you don't have white Solar Trim Haskins/Hobbycraft have sticky backed white plastic. If you have a Blue Peter badge, you might get 10% off
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #25582 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic WildCat Slope Glider
I don't have a Blue Peter Badge because I have never won anything. So I will have to pay full price. :dry: Oh hang on, when I was at primary school I won a Pifco tri-colour torch for help in creating the forunner to the Green Cross Code. Look right, then left, then right again. If clear walk quickly, do not run!
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds