Slope soaring

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 2 months ago #25623 by
Slope soaring was created by
After flying powered and various gliders tow launch, winch, bungee, electric and of course a glow motor on a pod I have never slope soared I know the principle as I have a paragliding license so I'm looking for help in having the nerve to throw my much loved model off a hill into the yonder, if there is anyone willing to help me please let me know. Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #25625 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Slope soaring
I'm struggling with this one Chris so feel free to explain - Your'e happy to throw your body off a cliff suspended by a nylon bag but apprehensive about launching a glider off the same ????? :silly:

Flying on a slope is possibly the easiest form of R/C model flying - the difference is landing when you have to fly behind the pilot line and virtually land toward yourself.

More
2 years 1 month ago #25628 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Slope soaring
Chris, I will give you a nudge when we are next on a slope session. You will be hooked in no time.

More
2 years 1 month ago #25658 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Slope soaring
Hi Chris, there are a few of us planning on heading to Wingreen tomorrow if you want to join us.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #25663 by Phil Ford

Hi Chris, there are a few of us planning on heading to Wingreen tomorrow if you want to join us.

And anyone else interested and wants to have go. Slope map can be found here wimbornemac.org/members/slope-map
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #25672 by Phil Ford
Another great session on the slopes. Most of the usual pilots turned up but numbers were down a little due to other pilots having a plethora of excuses. :dry: Spills and thrills were inevitable, a broken elevon horn (me) servo failure and lots of other problems (Simon) and loss of control linkage (Jon) Plus the slowest jet fighter you will ever see :ohmy: (Dave R)
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds