Pat teakle 6metre glider

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #2343 by
Pat teakle 6metre glider was created by
Hi I purchased (at great expense £75) a pat teakle glider unbuilt which I believe to be an asw22 wing span 6 metres which works out at 19 feet 6 inches in real money and by the time the fuselage and tips are included it will be 20 feet. I have also managed to obtain a DVD 60 minutes with pat teakle in which he shows building one of his gliders, so armed with this information I am starting to build this week end. I will be taking pictures shortly and adding them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2361 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Pat teakle 6metre glider
Chris - Look forward to seeing your build pics, what a bargain at £75.0
I have the Graupner ASW 22B - a baby at 2.7m compared to yours.
Will this be flown off the slope or will you need the services of a glider tug.
Regards
Colin.A.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #2362 by
Replied by on topic Pat teakle 6metre glider
I will hope to slope it but I will be fitting a releasable tow hook so it can be towed when I'm brave enough. here are some photos of my purchase. to give some scale the steel rule is 1 metre. 4 wing panels with leading edge, tail plane, rudder, all made from foam veneered, cockpit flooring, the fus made from fibreglass, and a set of air brakes, which I feel maybe on the small side
Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #2363 by
I will hope to slope it but I will be fitting a releasable tow hook so it can be towed when I'm brave enough. here are some photos of my purchase. to give some scale the steel rule is 1 metre. 4 wing panels with leading edge, tail plane, rudder, all made from foam veneered, cockpit flooring, the fus made from fibreglass, and a set of air brakes, which I feel maybe on the small side

Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #2364 by

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #2376 by
leading edge on and aileron extension lead in place
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds