Phoenix flight simulator.Anyone familiar?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #11580 by
Hello
This weather has got me using this simulator, which is a bit of fun and which may be useful as a training aid, but opinions may vary on the latter point.
It has the ability to use programmes made by users relating to models and locations.which means that by the use of photographs of ,say, Cashmoor site, then you could fly any of the models at what appears to be Our flying field.
I am sure that someone in the club is clever enough with photographs/computers, etc to use the "building programme" within the simulator to create such a flying field .
Has anyone considered having a go. ?
I'm afraid my old brain wouldn't know where to start

Cheers

DaveA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #11583 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Phoenix flight simulator.Anyone familiar?
Hi Dave, I have had Phoenix 2 to 5 for some time and great for those wet Sunday afternoons. I fly the 100cc Beast from Bournemouth Flying club using the taxi way for devilment. Oh! and also Poole Park, skimming the water and crashing into those wheelie bins. :lol:

Anyway your question. I have tried it some time ago. I took 32 images from the centre of Cashmoor (when no-one was up there and it was a bright day with high sun) with camera on a leveled tripod and then joined them together (PTGui software) to create a panorama. It sort of came out but my camera lens needs to a wider angle than my Fuji had so I gave up. Yes! It is possible. Once the panorama is created it needs to be converted to Phoenixs's file format.

More
7 years 3 months ago #11588 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Phoenix flight simulator.Anyone familiar?
Hi Phil, I thought the team at Phoenix would generate an "airfield" from user's photographs. Sounds as though your panorama could be just the ticket for that. A couple of years ago, I "flew" models with several others in an "online" session. Quite good for practicing formation flying, and more fun than flying a model on an empty field.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds