Night Flying

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11856 by Chris73
Night Flying was created by Chris73
I have just ordered a few meters of Hobby Kings finest LED light strips so i can light up my shock flyer for night flying

I am going to do a simple blue on the top and red underneath (Unless anyone has a good reason not to do this???)

Can i just solder all of the red wires together and then all of the black wires together so i only have two connections??, the plan is run it of the balance lead from the flight pack

Just want to keep it really simple, its only a piece of foam :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11857 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Night Flying
The soldering bits sound s good but i think they will need to be powered by a 3s pack - but no harm trying 2s
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris73

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11858 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Night Flying
Thanks Kevin, the shocky flys on 3S, so should be ok

More
7 years 2 months ago #11859 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Night Flying

Chris73 wrote: I am going to do a simple blue on the top and red underneath (Unless anyone has a good reason not to do this???)

Is it possible that the LEDs are bright enough to shine through the depron, rendering the 'blue-top' 'red-below' scheme useless? Blue-left and red-right won't matter if they shine through.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11860 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Night Flying
I don't know HK's led finest so I'll make some assumptions. I assume they surface mounted leds on thin strip? Chris, wire a strip of leds in series. Yes Off 3 cells Yes. If HK say they are good for 3 cell then trust them..... :whistle: If they are for 2 cell voltages probably need a 220 or 270 ohm resistor on the positive lead on each strip.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Chris73
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11861 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Night Flying
Thanks for the replies, they say they are good for 3 cell, so i guess we will find out

I think the foam will be thick enough to stop the light going through, although I must admit i hadn't thought about that, only one way to find out, stick them on and wait for it to get dark :evil:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds