Micro Screws for Scale Models

• throttletothewall
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #16103 by throttletothewall
Micro Screws for Scale Models was created by throttletothewall
For those of you who prefer to make your scale models look as realistic as possible, one of the details that often don't look quite right are the use of over scale self tapping screws, especially on a canopy or instrument panel etc. After many weeks of waiting for my order from China to arrive I have just taken delivery today of 5000 micro screws of various sizes from 1mm, 1.2mm, 1.4mm and 1.7mm dia in lengths of 4 - 6mm. so if anyone needs a few micro screws to make the detail on their latest scale creation look right, let me know and I am sure we can come to an arrangement.

Peter
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavidTappin, Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #16114 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Micro Screws for Scale Models
Peter told us of his

order from China

I wish I'd known about that boxed set when I bought a pack of 20 of each size from Mick Reeves.
At his prices screw is about the right word!

• throttletothewall
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #16115 by throttletothewall
Replied by throttletothewall on topic Micro Screws for Scale Models
David,

Yes, that is where I have purchased them from in the past but thought they must be cheaper elsewhere, hence the order from China via ebay, which makes them about 7 to 10 times cheaper than MR prices depending upon what sizes are ordered. They are also up to 40 times cheaper than some other ebay vendors!!

At least at these prices and quantities you don't spend 30 fruitless minutes searching for the one you dropped on the floor!!!!!

More
6 years 1 month ago #16120 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Micro Screws for Scale Models

throttletothewall wrote: For those of you who prefer to make your scale models look as realistic as possible, one of the details that often don't look quite right are the use of over scale self tapping screws, especially on a canopy or instrument panel etc. After many weeks of waiting for my order from China to arrive I have just taken delivery today of 5000 micro screws of various sizes from 1mm, 1.2mm, 1.4mm and 1.7mm dia in lengths of 4 - 6mm. so if anyone needs a few micro screws to make the detail on their latest scale creation look right, let me know and I am sure we can come to an arrangement.

Peter

Didn't I time my purchase well - This selection of size 0 & 1 (1.5m & 1.8m) just arrived from Model Fixings but just in case i know who to call - many thanks !
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds