What control box for landing lights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 days ago #16404 by
I have acquired a Taft foamie ready to fly model. A number of other companies sell the model with receiver and transmitter included, Taft sells it without transmitter, receiver and landing lights control box but all lights are installed and cables routed. The question I have is what control box do I need to buy? No information is given by Taft. Picture of the landing light plugs below.
Hopefully someone has the knowledge
Simon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #16405 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic What control box for landing lights

Simon O wrote: I have acquired a Taft foamie ready to fly model. No information is given by Taft.

Yes Taft are very lean on anything regarding info.....:( Even the CG for God's sake!

Looking at your connector pins suggests a dedicated board with male pin sockets.

The unit usually used in these sort of planes are a just a small shrink wrapped board and some lead outs with micro connectors. Runs off the BEC. If it just landing lights then all you need is one of these hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-receiver-con...tch-1.html?wrh_pdp=1 plug it into the desired channel and away you go.

Without actually seeing the set up then difficult to suggest what you need.

Try a 1.5 volt cell to power one led and see if it lights up sufficiently first. If it does then possibly a 220 ohm resistor will drop the BEC volts down for you. On the other hand the Leds may have inbuilt resistors so they can be powered directly from the BEC.
Are you sure there is nothing in Fuselage laying around somewhere?
Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Phil Ford.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 days ago #16406 by
Nothing I can see Phil and no evidence of a bec

More
6 years 6 days ago #16407 by Phil Ford
What sort of Animal is it? EDF or prop? Model?

Those pins look similar to the ones used for Sebart retracts which have a small control board with timing chip on it. If there is no board at all then assuming the LEDs are 6V (integrated resistor) then these would plug in to a Ylead that is connected to the flap channel or spare channel for independent use via a switch on the TX. Bear in mind though I am only guessing that the LEDs are 6v capable. Which as I said earlier it is worth testing each LED on a 1.2v supply first to see if they light up. If they are very dim or don't light at all then possibly they are 5- 6 v capable.

You must have a BEC! ;) Built into ESC?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 days ago #16408 by
I'd better have another look! It's Cessna 182 foamie with flaps

More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #16409 by Phil Ford
Is it this one. sorry about the kid's voice -what a banana! This Cessna (Cezzna) has wing lights (landing) and wing tip lamps.

Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds