Taranis

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #19036 by Brian
Taranis was created by Brian
Recently I dug out the Taranis x9D, and charged its battery. I had been trying to program a safe "arming" switch for the throttle, just to minimise anything unpleasant happening when plugging a battery into an electric powered model. I noticed that when the Tx was switched on, the date and time had defaulted to almost all noughts. I reset the time and date, and after several frustrating hours, using the manual and watching helpful YouTube videos, I finally programmed the switch to arm/disarm the throttle, and as a bonus, got the flight timer to start when the throttle was held open. This morning I switched on the Taranis and everything I'd programmed worked alright, but the time and date had gone back to some sort of default setting. Is there a fix for it, or should I ignore it?
On the whole, I think that Phil's lighting system is a lot more like fun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #19037 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Taranis
I am rather busy frying microprocessors (although I have solved that issue) so not had the time to look into this Brian. Checked my X9D which has not been used for a little time and time date still correct. Methinks there is probably a small 3.3v L-ion button cell that keeps the clock chip going. Take a look in the back as it may need replacing already which is rather unusual.

In centre of the main board is your processor. Next to it should be CR1220 3v cell. Check it is seated or has 3v coming out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
5 years 1 month ago #19042 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Taranis
It's definitely the lithium battery. You can replace it without risk of anything being lost during the swap. I'm not going to open up my X9D, but I think you might have to remove the main battery tray to access the lithium cell underneath
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds