Landing Gear Sequencer

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #20323 by Phil Ford
Landing Gear Sequencer was created by Phil Ford
Just arrived the replacement all metal nose gear for Valkyrie albeit this retract is for a Viper 90mm. I will also have to swap out the leg as the Viper is shorter than the Valkyrie. The retract is not electronic, ie; two wire system which means I need a sequencer to reverse polarity to the retract motor and another output, ie; 3 wire for PWM for gear door. Any suggestions on a cheap sequencer? MotionRc cannot help because all their retracts are electronic versions
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #20332 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Landing Gear Sequencer
Phil - Might be worth a look on Model Radio Workshop - www.modelradioworkshop.co.uk
Colin.

More
4 years 8 months ago #20333 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Landing Gear Sequencer
Have a look at the nose gear doors of the FMS PC-21, passive operation no extra servo/electronics. I've got one if you'd like to see how its done.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #20351 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Landing Gear Sequencer
The new all metal nose retract is only two wire. It does not have a signal wire like Eflite, Jetcraft, etc, where the electronics to reverse the motor are built in. Therefore it needs a controller (see example images below where you will see only two pins for the retracts on PilotRC and the RC Lander units) which switches the polarity to change direction of motor. In most cases the controller also sends PWM signals to servos for doors etc.

Really stuck on this issue to get an operating nose leg to work with minimum fuss.
Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #20352 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Landing Gear Sequencer

Phil Ford wrote: Really stuck on this issue to get an operating nose leg to work with minimum fuss.

Minimal fuss = don't order retracts without a signal wire

More
4 years 8 months ago #20353 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Landing Gear Sequencer
I've still got this hobbyking front leg or I might be able to repair the old one

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.553 seconds