Prop Balancing

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago #24310 by
Prop Balancing was created by
Hi Guys, have 3 blade prop problem. 1 blade is extra heavy. unable to get blade 1, 2, 3 marked as heavy prop blade ends up pointing straight down. Have drilled several holes in it sanded the crap out of it and its still points straight down. I have ordered Master airscrew replacement as factory balanced. how would you advise sorting this problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #24311 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Prop Balancing
Add tape to the light blade(s). Something like Sellotape crystal clear which is UV resistant.

More
3 years 1 month ago #24312 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Prop Balancing
I use superglue on the rear face, keep adding layers until balanced
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #24313 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Prop Balancing
I use the wife's clear nail lacquer, dries real quick. Lay it on with brush either lightly or heavy. In the end she gave me the little bottle. :lol:
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

More
3 years 1 month ago #24316 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Prop Balancing

Phillip Ford wrote: I use the wife's clear nail lacquer, dries real quick. Lay it on with brush either lightly or heavy. In the end she gave me the little bottle. :lol:

And how do you balance a prop Phil?

More
3 years 1 month ago #24317 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Prop Balancing
This might seem daft, but is the mounting hole central? Manufacturing errors do happen, and quality inspectors do sometimes "let one through". I suggest this as I have a brushless motor that vibrates, I thought the shaft was bent and replaced it, there was no reduction in the vibration. Eventually and by accident, I found that the mounting hole for the prop shaft had not been drilled correctly and is at a slight angle, this throws the motor completely off balance. Unfortunately the motor was a Giant Shark purchase, just before they closed down so no chance of a replacement.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds