Carbon Landing Gear

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #24600 by Phil Ford
Carbon Landing Gear was created by Phil Ford
My CAP 232 has aluminium landing gear, nice an shiny but not much give in it. Bought a Carbon Copy landing gear that was near the dimensions but when it arrived it was rather a "meaty" landing gear. Probably best suited for 110 inch class planes. Hobby Plastic/Pilot RC had nothing suitable or in stock previously. However, now back in stock was a carbon landing gear for the 88 inch Edge 540V3 that was virtually the CAP's gear dimensions. Cost me £80 though.:( And two holes out of four actually line up with the CAP's! :) Edge 540 88 and my CAP are of similar weight.

My question is, "is it worth during the change over to modify the floor to fit aluminium angle into the fuselage as per Pilot RC/Extreme Flight?"
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #24602 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Carbon Landing Gear
Hard question to answer Phil, is it weak enough that it needs it, does the amount of work required make it worthwhile?

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #24603 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Carbon Landing Gear
The Cap is from the Hangar 9 2010 era and nowadays I have noticed that any decent plane has ally plates. I think it is to transmit any pullout forces across the floor plate and fuselage sides on a bad landing.

More
2 years 10 months ago #24605 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Carbon Landing Gear
I understand what it's for, but it still depends if it's weak as it is at the moment or not?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds