Turnigy Nano-Tech Packs

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #24608 by Phil Ford
Turnigy Nano-Tech Packs was created by Phil Ford
I bought a few of these Nano Tech 2 cell lipos for receiver packs, they come with standard JR type plugs. They have never been used for anything other than for what they are intended for. I have never really liked Nano Techs as motor power packs but for receiver demands they were an ideal size. I have been wondering why a 1C charge time is quite long even though the packs were not low. An Internal resistance check confirmed my suspicions. See images below for two of the 1.5 mah packs. What a joke! And Hobbyking are still churning this crap out.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #24609 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Turnigy Nano-Tech Packs
curious to know why the second cell has no reading - does a good 2s pack provide better results

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #24610 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Turnigy Nano-Tech Packs

Kevin Ross wrote: curious to know why the second cell has no reading - does a good 2s pack provide better results

No idea Kevin, but two packs showed that cell 2 was zero. When these packs were first available, Hobbyking/Turnigy spouted new nano technology, better power transfer, etc, etc. In practice using the bigger packs (I had 3, 4 and 6's) they were no better at all and puffed just by using them. The clue to cell issues is when balance charging the current supplied starts to drop and then say below 1.0 amp you think "nearly done now) but 30 mins later the current has dropped to say 40 mah and at this point the charger should say "Done". Charger is confused too and keeps going. This is due I think to one cell holding off.

What I was concerned about is the pack voltage/total cell failure and suddenly goes below RX cut off voltage, loss of plane. Note the very last 2 cell 2200's lipo packs for the Extra 300 are Overlander's.

More
2 years 10 months ago #24611 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Turnigy Nano-Tech Packs
I'd certainly be interested to see what your figures are for a battery you consider to be 'good' because it looks like your gizmo is faulty.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #24613 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Turnigy Nano-Tech Packs
Gizmo is an iCharger 306 Mike. Nano Tech cell voltages are way out of spec too but considering these packs were only used or destined to be used as RX power only it is a poor show. To verify the charger results I also checked a known good Zippy 2 cell pack with IR at 7 mh each cell. Speaking with a few other members it appears that they generally good for a year and then they deteriorate. It seems to be the consensus on other forums too. Although it is also the luck of the draw too. Note that new Nano Tech cells apparently can have an IR as low as 1.2 mh whichmmay account for a Nil display.

eg: Turnigy Blue "heavy duty" 6 cell 60C :unsure: packs, not a lot of use in the Beast E, yet three have gave up, recently on a test flight by Jon, lots of voltage and then died in flight. It just maanged to limp back. Just one left now.:( Zippy's? I have had more luck with these at least.

Time to splash out on quality packs me thinks.:lol:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
2 years 10 months ago #24615 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Turnigy Nano-Tech Packs
I've used LiFePO4 battery packs for receivers in I/C powered models, never had a problem (yet).

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds