Petrol Fuel Can

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4068 by Phil Ford
Petrol Fuel Can was created by Phil Ford
Just purchased a Red 10 ltr plastic petrol can. Before I start drilling holes into the cap for fill and drain (which by design isn't gonna be simple) has anyone got some alternative solution. Nothing on this side of the big pond appears to be available. :( Cheers.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4072 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Petrol Fuel Can

PhilF51 wrote: Just purchased a Red 10 ltr plastic petrol can. Before I start drilling holes into the cap for fill and drain (which by design isn't gonna be simple) has anyone got some alternative solution. Nothing on this side of the big pond appears to be available. :( Cheers.

Well Phil funny you should say this but there is a solution. In the March issue of RCM&E there is a new cap with all the necessary cone actions fitted. Try the following URL and you could be the proud owner of the first purposed made feeling cap in the Club. Personally I'm waiting for the release of the complete feeling system in the hopefully near future.

• 4Pedalsfly
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #4077 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Petrol Fuel Can

Dante wrote:

PhilF51 wrote: Just purchased a Red 10 ltr plastic petrol can. Before I start drilling holes into the cap for fill and drain (which by design isn't gonna be simple) has anyone got some alternative solution. Nothing on this side of the big pond appears to be available. :( Cheers.

Well Phil funny you should say this but there is a solution. In the March issue of RCM&E there is a new cap with all the necessary cone actions fitted. Try the following URL and you could be the proud owner of the first purposed made feeling cap in the Club. Personally I'm waiting for the release of the complete feeling system in the hopefully near future.

Look forward to seeing Phil wearing his "Feeling Cap ". - perhaps he will start a new trend.
Colin.A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 month ago #4097 by
Replied by on topic Petrol Fuel Can
Born in Italy...

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4107 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Petrol Fuel Can
So, what are you petrol heads using? Jon appears to have an electric pump system, Steve M, I believe has a squeeze pump effort. What ever idea being used the can has to be sealed when not in use or likely to leak if toppled over.

I think I may be able to work around this issue. Instead of a two line system like I use for my glow fuel, I'll use just one tube and just slacken off the cap a little to let air in as the fuel level goes down.

Look forward to seeing Phil wearing his "Feeling Cap ". - perhaps he will start a new trend.
Colin.A

If I do wear it there'll be no naked lights near me please otherwise it will singe my hair and eyebrows... :lol:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4110 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Petrol Fuel Can
Will take a photo of my simple setup later Phil. You should have a vent line as unscrewing a cap each time will get tedious.
I have a 10L can, two barb can fittings, a hangar 9 pump and a filter clunk.

One thing is that on the larger models..... An electric pump saves time and effort.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds