Wren Turbines

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
6 years 7 months ago #13848 by flyingpete
Wren Turbines was created by flyingpete
Just thought I would would share with you boys the superb after sales service from Mike Murphy technical director for Wren turbines . Last Saturday after a flight with my wren the turbine went into cool down mode, when the starter motor bendix engaged and the motor started to spin it sounded like a bag of nails.
My Wren has only 31 starts and 3.5hrs running so I was very surprised when the motor failed.
My turbine is covered with a two year warranty so when I rang Mike first thing on morning morning I was expecting him to say send it back.
Instead he talked me through a test procedure using the data terminal and sure enough it flagged up on the screen "Starter Failed".
Today my new bendix starter arrived, two wires to solder and three small grub screws and my wren is ready to go.
Alot of people in the jet world are still a bit sceptical of Wren after they had a big problem a few years back with the way the company was being run and it went under. The new company which is now called Wren Power Systems offers a fantastic product and warranty service second to none and they are a British company.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveBright, DavidTappin, kevinross, Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13849 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Wren Turbines
:cheer: Thumbs up to decent customer service

More
6 years 7 months ago #13852 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Wren Turbines
Good news Pete :)

More
6 years 7 months ago #13854 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Wren Turbines
Thumbs up

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds