Freewing EDF Group

More
4 years 10 months ago #19655 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: I think you're right Mike. The aileron linkages are very exposed so I'll need to cobble up some sort of fairing. I might make up a hard point making use of the wing tank mounting holes.to do the job.

I definately think you should definitely fit the tanks, so you can knock them off on the first launch, that's what all the best people do ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19656 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
No carbon in the tail plane but there are pre-fitted carbon spars in the wing as well as the mysterious joiner They've also fitted the ESC with an XT 60 rather than deans which I'm ok with. My kit came in a plain white box - no box art whatsoever., I was surprisingly disappointed with that.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19657 by AlanF

JonTappin wrote:

AlanF wrote: I think you're right Mike. The aileron linkages are very exposed so I'll need to cobble up some sort of fairing. I might make up a hard point making use of the wing tank mounting holes.to do the job.

I definately think you should definitely fit the tanks, so you can knock them off on the first launch, that's what all the best people do ;)

I suspect there will be sufficient opportunity for comedy without making things harder for myself.:)

Edit:

I just noticed and had to laugh:

Despite being in widespread use, the misspelling definately comes in for considerable scorn. The Urban Dictionary has a separate entry for definately, which it defines as: 'Idiot-speak for “definitely”. One of the most common moronic misspellings found on the Internet'.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19658 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group
Alan, if the MIGs have no stiffner in the wings that'll be their weak spot. :lol:

I thought about leaving the wing tanks off but was concerned about the aileron's servo linkage in contact with the ground so fitted them anyway and dem thar plastik coovers to help them skeed along the wet grarss.

Oddly since fitting everything possible mine balances out with Nano Tech 2200 60C 3 cells in the middle of the bay. Gyro works real nice. ;) Just got to master the chuck...:lol:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19659 by AlanF
It'll be interesting to see how effective the Gyro is. I watched a YouTube of someone flying a 64mm Panther with an A3X. He found the Gyro very effective especially as he was flying in a stiff breeze,

I'm going to try an 1800 mAh Zippy to start and take it from there. I think it should balance out if I set it as far forward as possible.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19660 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Freewing EDF Group
Alan wrote

Despite being in widespread use, the misspelling definately comes in for considerable scorn. The Urban Dictionary has a separate entry for definately, which it defines as: 'Idiot-speak for “definitely”. One of the most common moronic misspellings found on the Internet'.

Watch out Alan, you might get your wrist slapped, mine’s still stinging.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds