• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19661 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group

DavidTappin wrote: Alan wrote

Despite being in widespread use, the misspelling definately comes in for considerable scorn. The Urban Dictionary has a separate entry for definately, which it defines as: 'Idiot-speak for “definitely”. One of the most common moronic misspellings found on the Internet'.

Watch out Alan, you might get your wrist slapped, mine’s still stinging.

The quote did make me smile. I definitely wouldn't have noticed if Jon hadn't pointed it out in his subsequent post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19666 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Freewing EDF Group
My phone actually offers me both versions when I start typing defin.... That can't be right!!

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19667 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group

JonTappin wrote: My phone actually offers me both versions when I start typing defin.... That can't be right!!

Best way out and to confuse the predictive text app is to use military speak version "defo" :lol:

Not sure where this thread is going or is it the Title? Blame me!B)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19668 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
Just to drag things back on track.

The build is complete and including a 1600mAh Zippy a small amount of bullet tape and no wing tanks the flying weight has come out at 567 grams. The specified 470 grams looks to be very optimistic.

A quick run up shows the fan drawing a max of 34A at 400 watts. I need to keep an eye on the ESC as it's rated a 30A.

Given the power draw the flight time on a 1600 might be a bit marginal ( probably < 3 minutes) and making space for a 2200 might be the best choice.

Anyway, a maiden isn't going to happen this week but hopefully some time next week.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19669 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Freewing EDF Group
I'm going to stick with the 2200, wasn't getting much more than 4 minutes on Saturday, so don't want to go smaller.

I'm going to try to put a servo in the tail for rudder, which together with moving the battery as far back as I can, will give me the correct cg.

Having flown it, I'm not worried about the weight, even with the forward cg, it landed plenty slow enough for a jet!

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19670 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group
Just for the Sabre boys.;) Mine balancing 3 inch CG with Nanotech 2200 3S <90C pack in middle of bay. Clamp ammeter gives 35 amps at WOT. A decent ESC should cope with a few quick bursts up to 40 amp. Soon find out :dry: maybe next week if weather improves. AUW = 620gms
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford. Reason: Add AUW

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds